Hey! Crypto holder. Are you feeling insecure about your digital assets in an online software wallet and searching for the best and easy-to-use hardware wallet? If yes, then look no further than Trezor Wallet. And if you want a complete instruction guide on how to secure your crypto holdings via Trezor, then fasten your seat belts and take a deep dive with us in the further sections of this write-up.
In our further sections of the write-up, we will cover an easy instruction guide that will help you to set up and receive crypto in your Trezor.
How to set up Trezor Wallet?
Follow these simple steps in order to set up your newly purchased Trezor Wallet.
Note: We are taking Trezor Model T as an example in your further steps.
- Connect your Trezor device to your computer or laptop by using the USB cable received with it.
- Now, it will automatically turn on, and then you can see an instruction on its screen for visiting trezor.io/start.
- Open your preferred web browser and visit trezor.io/start.
- Download Trezor Suite App by clicking on the “Download for desktop” button and then install it by following the on-screen prompts.
- Launch the app and then install the firmware version for your Trezor Wallet.
- Hit on “+ Create new wallet” and then select one backup method out of “Standard seed backup” or “Shamir share backup”.
Note: We are selecting “standard backup” as an example for further steps to make the further process easy for you.
- Now tap on the “right” icon to confirm on your Trezor device.
- Click on “Create Backup” in the Trezor Suite interface.
- Take a recovery phrase card and start writing down each word of the seed phrase on it, as same as shown on your Trezor screen. In this step, tap on “swipe” in order to view the next word.
- Verify your seed phrase by selecting the word corresponding to the asked number and then tap on “Continue”.
- Create a new PIN that will be used to unlock your device by clicking on “Continue to PIN”.
- At last, confirm on your Trezor hardware device and then follow the further prompts to finish the entire process of setting up your Trezor Wallet.
Instructions to receive crypto assets in Trezor Wallet:
Follow the given below steps to receive crypto assets in Trezor Wallet.
Note: We are taking BTC as an example in our further steps.
- Connect your Trezor device to your computer or laptop and then unlock it by getting access to the Trezor Suite interface.
- Go ahead to the “Accounts” tab, located at the top of the screen, and then select “Bitcoin #1”.
- Hit on “Receive” and then on “Show full address”.
- Now, cross-check and confirm the address on your Trezor device screen in order to view the receiving address for your BTC.
- At last, you can share the address or QR with the sender, if you are receiving BTC from someone. On the other hand, if want to send BTC from your software wallet, then you can use this address as a recipient address or withdrawal address.
Overall, that’s how you can secure your crypto holdings by unlocking the power of Trezor Wallet. And if you face any difficulty while connecting or receiving crypto in your wallet, then make sure that your Trezor device is properly connected to your computer or laptop. Apart from this, also make sure that the receiving address shown in your Trezor Suite is the same as on the Trezor device.